Sunday, June 18, 2006

my girl georgia

Today is my first father's day. As a gift, little Georgia looked me right in the eye for the first time and actually recognized who I was. Maybe she didn't. It could have been gas. Either way, I'm glad I'm her daddy.

V's really an amazing mom. I marvel at her everyday. Today we were at Wal-Mart when V left me and G to use the bathroom. That always spells trouble. When momma's gone G's little chin gets shaky and pretty soon she's breaking my heart with her tears. I have a hard time doing baby talk when we're alone, much less in public so I did the best I could. I asked her how she slept last night. No answer. I told her I hate Wal-Mart and she just looked at me. Then she realized 'Hey, you're not the one with boobs. Where's the tall lady with the boobs?' and then got all shaky and red. I slipped my trusty pinkie in her mouth and everything was hunkydory.

When V finally showed up, both of us were relieved. Right off V got to talking all sweet and cute to make sweet baby G smile.

We bought a universal remote and candy. It's been a good day.

-mg

No comments: