Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Have a Minute

With work being so busy, posting is going to be hard for me and I may only get to it on the weekends. Georgia is taking a nap right now and Matt ran out to buy a floor toy for her. He gets kind of stir crazy on the weekends when I just want to stay home for the baby's sake. She gets fussy if we spend too much time in the car or out in town. Plus I have to feed her every 2 hours still and that's just easier to do at home.

Work is going well so far. I get up at about 6:10 and get dressed, then I wake her up and feed her, and then we go meet my mom at the park and run 3 miles. There is a shower at the shop so we all 3 head to the shop and I feed her again while Mary gets ready and then put Georgia in a bouncy seat while I get ready. It has worked out really well so far and I really am lucky to be able to keep her with me while I work. She is a great baby and doesn't cry too much.

Our most recent achievement was a long hand sucking while driving to Garden Ridge today. I heard her in the back seat just sucking away. I hope this means we are closer to finding our thumb and being able to keep it in our mouth so I get my finger back. It's hard to drive a standard with my hand hanging into the backseat so she has something to suck on and will stop screaming.

We have a big weekend ahead with the visitation on Nanue and Big Poppa and the Bek and Brad and Caroline on Monday. I hope Caroline is not too disappointed at the lack of playing ability her new cousin has. I am sure she will be happy to help take care of the baby though.

I will take some pictures of the nursery and post them for those of you who have not seen it and want to. She does not sleep in there yet but it sure is pretty!

No comments: