Monday, June 19, 2006

Poop

I know that the details of my child’s pooping habits are of interest to some of you and not to others. Those others might want to stop reading this now.

After Georgia's first month of life her pooping became sporadic and even rare. She would go three and four days with no poop. At first it concerned me but then I read that this is okay. She is just using all of the nutrients she is getting. When I would open her diaper, I would always be surprised when there was poop. I never knew when it would happen.

Well this morning we were hanging out in the bed together and I had her propped up on a pillow in a sitting position. All of the sudden her face got really red and she started grunting. Her eyes even watered a little. She did this grunting thing off and on for a few minutes and then stopped and we kept chatting and playing. Well, from the smell radiating from her lower area I was sure of what had happened. I changed her diaper and there was a big ole poop in there for me.

It is so exciting that she is becoming a little person and starting to poop like the rest of us!

-Virginia

No comments: