Saturday, August 28, 2010

So Much for Naps

And I am talking about myself, not the girls. They are widening the road we live on and it has made it really hard to nap due to the rumble of heavy equipment up and down the street all day. I also get woken early because my German Shepard loves to bark as the crews arrive for the day between 6 and 7. The project is supposed to take about 5 months but I don't see that happening. The crew decided to burn all the trees they tore down instead of haul them off so all along the road there are piles of burning brush. Coming home is like entering a scene from The Road Warrior.

Needless to say, I am not a fan of any of this, especially the burning. There used to be trees clear up to the road and now it will just be naked.

I might add it is Saturday and I was so excited about sleeping in but alas, PSO is out there right now with two giant trucks rumbling away. Maybe these guys take Sunday off.

2 comments:

Nanue said...

That is just too sad for words.

Anonymous said...

The Road Warrier, ha ha ha ha! So funny, but so sad too. And I think I would reach true rage if I was trying to sleep and they insisted on destroying my road AND keeping me awake.

~eva