Monday, May 03, 2010

Hearts for Hearing Trip

Here we are in the waiting room having Daddy read a book. Georgia loves to be read to lately and Matt has so much more patience with it than I do.

Here G is just being goofy and playing while waiting to get her aids in.

They had to measure the depth of her her in order to set the hearing aids right and G was resistant at first but once the audiologist got some bubbles out all went well.

More playing.

And here they are hot pink with purple swirls and sparkles ear molds and purple hearing aids. They look so cute in.

The hearing aids came with an otter who also wears hearing aids so while G got hers put in we put his in.

She thinks he is pretty cool.

this is the brief moment in which she left them in.

And here she is in the car wearing them and listening to her DVD player.

As I said before, it was a great experience. I have gotten over the angst of having her wear hearing aids and moved on to the challenge of actually getting her to wear them. I would say of her 10.5 waking hours today she wore them for 5 hours. We are slowly building and getting used to them. I can tell she hears better and speaks better with them in so it is just a matter of helping her realize it. We are going to try them for a short period at school tomorrow and see how that goes. She is a sweet sweet girl and is trying really hard to please me and be good even though I know it is hard at times.

1 comment:

Nanue said...

What an amazing little girl !!
So proud of you Georgia, and I am so thankful your princess ears help you hear better.
I love you. Nanue