Saturday, June 14, 2008

Whose Turn?

I finally broke down this week and decided to brush the dogs. With a black pug and a German Shepard roaming the beige carpet day in and day out, this is not something I should have put off. So Darby was sleeping and I thought it would be a fun activity for Georgia and me. I got the brush and we went out on the screened-in porch and I started brushing Glory (Shepard). Georgia thought this looked like real fun and grabbed at the brush and said "mine."

I said "No baby girl, it is Momma's turn."

Two seconds later, "Mine" along with futile grabs at the brush.

Again, "No baby girl, it is Momma's turn."

She stood there for a minute thinking and then looked at me and very seriously said, "Mama, Georgia's turn."

It is always so fun when she says something she has never said before and then so scary knowing this is something she is going to use and use lots.

1 comment:

Nanue said...

Such joy raising children. You never know what to expect and it is always different.
Enjoy every moment..it passes too quickly..
nanue