Thursday, June 05, 2008

Trying Harder

I am going to try harder to post more stories now that Georgia is talking and becoming more of a little person. You will have to forgive my spelling and grammar because I only have about a 10 to 20 minute window a night to sit and type.

Georgia is really into hitting lately. She loves to look me in the eye and smack the baby. I know she is doing it for attention but it is so frustrating. I don't think anything I could do would change her behavior and I am about to the point where I am going to ignore it for a few days and see if it goes away.

Besides hitting she is trying to communicate whole thoughts with two words. As her mother, I know what these things mean, but to an outsider it is really hard for her to communicate. Today when we got home from school she got this look on her face and then said "Daddy work." Now a normal person would just think she was saying that her daddy is at work but I can translate:
"My Daddy is at work right now and I am wondering when he will be home because I am tired of being ignored over this baby."

One of my favorite things she says is booger and it sounds like "buber." We will be driving and she will say "Mama, Buber." That means:
"Mama I just picked my nose and got a booger so could you hand me something to wipe it on."

2 comments:

Maria said...

Georgia's two word thoughts are cute! And they hit home for me. Amari is doing it in one and two word phrases, and Kevin got home last week, so I am doing a lot of translating! I can't wait to read more! :)

Nanue said...

The wonderful world of children. Your days are filled with all kinds of experiences and problems but at the end of the day you just
take a deep breath and are ready to see what is in store for tomorrow.
I am so excited for Mary and Denny the entire Byrne/Gleason family !!! What memories you all are doing to have !!!
Thanks so much for sharing with the rest of us.
Just have to commment on the precious young man holding the kitties..."That My Boy" !!!
Enjoy all your adventures.
Kisses and hugs to Georgia and Darby. They are adorable and getting so big.
Love, Nanue