Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Desk

So I took on an incredibly stupid and time consuming project three weeks before Christmas. I really wanted to get G an old school desk and I looked around on craigslist but to no avail. I spent a whole Saturday looking at the flea market and antique shops and just as I was ready to give up I found the perfect thing. Only it was in bad shape. It was a 3-piece desk set and here is the before picture of the chair.
I only got 2 of the pieces re-finished and the other will have to wait until spring but here is a picture of what I got finished. They turned out really great and later when I asked what her favorite part of Christmas was she said, "Getting my desk." Makes a Momma happy.
Darby and her buddy Matt.

1 comment:

Londonacres said...

Nice job mama!! Looks great!