Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winter Wonderland

(matt gleason)
Last week we had a couple of snow days for the Gleason family, so we all tried to stay civil cooped up in our shanty. The morning went really well considering and icing sugar cookies was the highlight.



After nap time, the girls were ready to bust out of the house, so we all went sledding off the slope where Mary's yard becomes the tennis court. I thought the girls would last about one or two runs down the slope, then we'd be done. Darby went on two rides with me and two rides with Georgia, then she was done. I figured Georgia would follow soon after, but Georgia was a sledding daredevil today. She even went down headfirst over and over again. Each time, she got a thrill from going just a little farther each time. More than once I had to keep her from speeding into a tree. It was one of those moments I wanted to last forever.










2 comments:

Londonacres said...

All great pics but I think these are my favorite!

MByrne said...

This picture makes my heart so very happy. I miss my sweet Gleason gals! Big hug and kisses from Aunt Kiki...mwah!