Saturday, September 25, 2010

Race For the Cure 2010

Today was the Race for the Cure here and I am proud to say that 10-weeks post pardum I ran the 5K with my mom. We have run it together since it started in Tulsa and I was not going to miss it. It will always be a special race for me since my mom is a survivor. In running I celebrate my Mom, my Aunt Jane and my cousin Michelle.

Here we are post race. Aunt Kiki was gracious enough to hold Mera while I ran.

My amazing Mommy.

And Mera asleep again.

We do our part for the race and provide all of the awards for the runners. Here is a shot of the trophies we made this year.

3 comments:

Londonacres said...

Way to go Byrne girls!

Nanue said...

Congrats to all the Byrne women
for running in the race !!!
So proud of all of you.
Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Virginia. The is really fantastic that you and your mom get to do that together, for so many reasons.

I loved the zoo trip with Nanue and the mud & Depends (I do want to ask about the Depends... (-: ). And Darby going to school is adorable! I realized after play group yesterday that I haven't heard about Georgia for a while. She looks like she is doing great - is she enjoying school?

~eva