Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mother Blessing

My wonderful friend Jennifer had a Mother Blessing or Blessing way for me last weekend. We made a labor necklace and painted my stomach with Henna. It was really a great day and I am so thankful for the other women in my life who came to bless me on my way into motherhood for the third time.

Here I am with my sister getting started on the painting. She did a Max from "Where the Wild Things Are."

This is the finished product with the Henna still on it. I had to leave it on for about six hours before I flaked it off.

Me and my girl Jennifer.

This is the necklace we made for me to wear during labor. Everyone brought a bead to contribute.

Here is my finished stomach the next day. It got darker over the next couple of days and today I can tell it is on its way out.

1 comment:

Nanue said...

What a special day !!!
I am so thankful for being able to attend and celebrate Virginia and the upcoming arrival of our grandbaby!!!
Love to you,
Karen